Joe Duffy Assist
Your emergency assistance service
Joe Duffy Assist Recovery Service is an emergency assistance service designed to suit you. Joe Duffy Assist operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for you to contact, should your BMW experience a breakdown. Joe Duffy Assist are trained to the highest standard and backed by the latest computer technology and mapping facilities together with a fully trained network of Recovery Operators throughout Ireland.
All new BMW vehicle's benefit from Roadside Assistance cover in the first three years of ownership to offer you peace of mind for any of those unforeseen events.
All approved used BMW’s come with a minimum 12 months Roadside Assistance cover.
If you should find yourself and your new or approved used BMW in an unexpected breakdown or accident situation, then you can contact Joe Duffy Assist on: 0818 297 027
Our team will help you on the phone in the first instance to try and get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
Or we can arrange assistance when a vehicle is immobilised. ‘Immobilised’ means an electrical or mechanical breakdown, road traffic accident, lost keys, misfuelling, damage or destruction by fire, theft or vandalism.
All Joe Duffy Assist cover expires 18 months after date of original transaction unless an extended warranty has been purchased. Vehicles with lapsed Joe Duffy Assist may still use this service on a recharge basis through our helpline 0818 297 027.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• This policy covers vehicle recovery, roadside repair and continuation of journey only. It does not cover the cost of repair
• Request for Notification of assistance must be made through the helpline number which is 0818 297 027. Any arrangements made for recovery outside of the helpline number will not be covered.
• Joe Duffy Assist are not liable for any cost which is recoverable from any other source
• We will provide assistance for a maximum of two callouts in any one 12 month period of cover.
• Cover provided is unique to the vehicle registration number serviced or purchased from Joe Duffy.
• Joe Duffy is not liable for costs that would have been payable normally by the beneficiary such as fuel petrol, toll charges or parking and/or motoring fines.
• The cost of draining or removing contaminated/incorrect fuel type or lubricant is not covered. However, we will tow your car to the nearest Joe Duffy garage (max 50km) for assistance. You will have to pay for any work carried out.
• If your car breaks down due to a fault with the car and you avail of Joe Duffy Assist, you must ensure that this fault is rectified at a Joe Duffy Service centre. If the fault is not rectified, you are not entitled to further assistance.
• Joe Duffy will not be responsible for any expenses you incur.
• You must be present at your car when the recovery service arrives. We will charge if additional trips are required to recover your vehicle (minimum €90).
• When your car has been delivered to a Joe Duffy repairer, the costs of repairs and the cost of any replacement parts will be borne by you.
• Your car must be kept in a roadworthy condition, be maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements and have a valid NCT.
• The Joe Duffy Assist service covers the island of Ireland only.
• Breakdown Assistance does not cover you for recovery which requires specialist equipment.
• Breakdown Assistance does not cover vehicles over 3.5 tonnes in gross vehicle weight.
• The onward travel or delivery of passengers or goods that you are carrying in a commercial capacity, at the time of breakdown, is not covered under the Joe Duffy Assist service.
• The provision of the courtesy car is subject to availability through our hire partners and if we are unable to provide you with one, you are entitled to avail of the other journey continuation benefits offered by this scheme. However, the cost of all onward travel must be agreed with us first.
• If you avail of a courtesy car, it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the requirements of the Hire Company including fully comprehensive insurance cover and fuel at your cost. The courtesy car is for your personal use only and may not be operated by you for the carriage of passengers for hire and reward.
• In the event a hire car is provided Joe Duffy are not responsible for any other costs outside the basic hire of the vehicle. A credit card number will need to be provided to the hire company to cover any additional costs.
• If the courtesy car is due to be returned at a time when the car rental company is closed, please note that you may be required to return it earlier. If you are not in a position to return the car earlier, you may be charged additional rental to cover the period beyond your 48 hour allowance provided under the terms of this Joe Duffy Assist cover.
• We do not have any liability for loss arising from the act carried out in providing this assistance cover
• We will not cover expenses, continuation of journey, accommodation or hire charges should they already be covered by manufacturer’s warranty or insurance cover
Driveway & Roadside Assistance
• We will send a competent repairer/towing agent to assist you at the breakdown site. Any additional cost will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner.
Should the vehicle not be fixed at the roadside, Joe Duffy Assist will cover the cost of towing your car to the nearest Joe Duffy garage.
CONTINUATION OF JOURNEY
All the below benefits are available to customers who experience mechanical or electrical breakdown only. For instances outside mechanical and electrical breakdown Joe Duffy Assist helpline will assist in making arrangements under the instructions of the customer however the cost must be borne by the customer.
Continuation of Journey (Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland)
Where your car breaks down in Ireland (more than 50km from your home address) and your car cannot be fixed at the breakdown site Joe Duffy Assist will cover.:
• Journey completion for you and your passengers up to a maximum value of €150 in total or
• A free courtesy car (Class A) for up to 48 hours (fully comprehensive insurance cover and fuel at your cost) or
• Hotel accommodation where repairs require an overnight stay to a maximum of €150 in total.
We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or change the details of this scheme at our discretion collectively or individually. Updated Roadside Assist service details will be published on our website.