Joe Duffy Group is Ireland’s leading motor retailer representing 20 brands across eighteen dealerships with a team of 520 employees and an enviable franchise portfolio of world-leading brands. The Group’s robust and diversified business model has delivered 12 consecutive years of profit growth. With ambitious plans for further growth, we are now looking to recruit a dynamic and target driven individual, to join our team.
An exciting and rare opportunity exists for a highly professional and experienced used commercial/van buyer, a proven track record in the motor retail industry is a prerequisite. We are looking for an experienced motor trade professional to value and purchase stock. The role will include valuing cars and commercials internally and also purchasing from external sources. Reporting directly to the Group Used Car Manager with the objective of growing our volumes and increasing our profitability across all of our retail facilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least five years experience and a proven track record in motor retail sector.
- Achieve unit purchase targets for pre-owned commercials from retail/business clients, auctions and other sources.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and enthusiasm for the vehicles.
- Ability to appraise and value vehicles, being profit-minded, and understanding all aspects of the used car department.
- Follow up with prospective customers, utilising various methods of communication.
- Develop new purchasing channels and leads to increase the level of stock.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of pricing and specifications of vehicles.
-Demonstrate a detailed understanding of vehicle supply status.
- Maintain knowledge of relevant products and services and maintain professional and technical expertise through on-the-job training, attending training programs, establishing personal network and reviewing industry publications.
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with our customers.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A full clean current driving licence
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- General business knowledge, experience and/or training is preferred.
- Strong record of customer service success preferred.
- Proven sales experience in the automotive industry with a minimum of five years experience in automotive retail.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to close the sale and handle customer requests.
- Must be able to quickly assess individual client needs.
If you want to be part of a winning team, enjoy an industry leading benefits, recognition & rewards package, then get in touch today.
Joe Duffy Group is an equal opportunity employer.