Qualified Technicians at Joe Duffy BMW
We are currently welcoming applications from Qualified Technicians to join the team at Joe Duffy BMW state of the art facility at Dublin North, Exit 5, M50.
The BMW/MINI Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. S/he also will oversee the work of any apprentice technician assigned to him/her.
THE MAIN JOB FUNCTION:
- To undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on BMW & MINI motor vehicles of all types to the highest standard within the scheduled times.
- To care for customers’ BMW & MINI vehicles and property and seek to achieve the highest customer satisfaction.
- To carry out all work in a safe, environmentally friendly and economical way.
- To build a bank of knowledge and skills to diagnose faults, carry out tests on BMW & MINI vehicles and effect permanent and complete repairs.
- To share skills and knowledge to develop others within the dealership.
- To enhance the reputation of your Joe Duffy BMW/MINI Dealership at every opportunity when interacting with others.
Reporting directly to: Service Operations Manager
MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- Repair, test BMW & MINI vehicles and diagnose their faults as and when required by Service Operations Manager and supervisory staff.
- Carry out all work to the highest standard to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Replace components, parts, lubricants and consumables and record usage.
- Recognise and report on BMW & MINI vehicles and component serviceability with an emphasis on customer and public safety. Ensure that all faults and concerns are reported orally and recorded in writing on the job card and the Vehicle Health Check forms is fully completed. Serious concerns should be raised with the Service Operations Manager or Service Advisor.
- Read, understand and implement the BMW technical service instruction data and improved working practices.
- Recover damaged or defective vehicles as directed with an emphasis on personnel safety as well as customer vehicle and contents security.
- Keep work areas clean and tidy, organised and safe from hazards to health and safety.
Automotive Service Technician Qualifications :
- Qualified Vehicle Technician (with Papers)
- BMW Technician experience preferred - Manufacturing training modules completed (desirable)
- Full clean, current driver’s licence and a good driving record
- Good judgment
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Offer of employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory references.