The mission of this position is to contribute to the success of Joe Duffy Group by successfully achieving sales goals and objectives relevant to the components of the Group’s strategic plan.
In line with our growth plans we require a General Manager for our Joe Duffy Ford, Athlone business. The successful candidate will oversee both the Sales and Aftersales departments. With a strategic approach the successful applicant will take on the role within the Joe Duffy Athlone business and their ability to lead by example will be critical to success. He/she will be very hands on in the role and be customer facing at all times.
If you have what it takes, we can offer an excellent working environment with an employer of choice and a hugely progressive and ambitious Company.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets for both new and used vehicles in conjunction with the existing sales team.
- To sell the maximum number of new and used vehicles via the use of an effective sales process, whilst at the same time achieve the best profit for the Dealership.
- Carry out accurate appraisals of all vehicles offered for part exchange.
- Maintain showroom and displays to the required Joe Duffy and Ford manufacturer standard.
- Using various sources, prospect for new and used car customers on a regular basis to create additional sales opportunities.
- To actively develop new clients and manage existing clients.
- Manage the preparation and handover of sold vehicles to customers ensuring that the customer is given a full briefing on the operation of the vehicle and its controls.
- Introduce customers to Aftersales staff in order that they are aware of the facilities and procedures.
- Through the effective use of a follow up process, maintain regular contact with all new and existing customers to ensure that relationships are maintained for potential repeat business.
- Develop and maintain full product knowledge of all products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
- Ensure all customer information, sales activities, vehicle documentation and other relevant information is kept and maintained accurately and comprehensively.
- Drive and follow robust business process and practice at all times.
- To increase awareness of Joe Duffy Ford brand through innovative and promotional initiatives.
- Maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction and build rapport with existing and new customers.
- To provide distinctive customer service at all times.
- Identify and maximise new opportunities to generate increase in revenue both in the sales and aftersales division.
- Maintain and enhance Manufacturer Relationship at all times.
- Lead, coach and mentor the Sales and Aftersales teams.
- Develops, consistently monitors, and adjusts sales & aftersales goals to achieve Company and franchise objectives.
- Proactively works with Sales Consultants, Aftersales Consultants and management team to develop action plans to immediately correct performance in order to consistently meet and exceed sales & aftersales goals.
- Analyses market and franchise data to develop growth plan and identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively and consistently works with sales & aftersales consultants to ensure that revenue targets are met.
- Works closely with the Brand Director to develop and implement effective cost control strategies.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, monitors sales & aftersales profitability to ensure strategic goals are being met.
- Plays a Key Role in Strategic Planning and proactively participates in the Company strategic planning process.
- Works closely with the Brand Director to develop the franchise-level plan; consistently evaluates performance to develop methods for improving performance and ensures we consistently have the right candidate at the right time for the right position.
- Successful background and genuine passion for motor retail sales and aftersales.
- Have financial and commercial acumen, this is key to success in the role.
- Monitor department performance against Group KPI’s, targets and budgets.
- Highly motivated and self-driven to achieve goals.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver strong and persuasive sales & aftersales presentations.
- Strong skill in closing deals and turning enquiries into sales.
- Ability to negotiate objections with credibility and authority.
- Be able to develop, organise and implement successful marketing events and campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing Department.
- Hold a current full driving licence.