General Sales Manager at Porsche Centre Dublin
Joe Duffy Group is Ireland’s leading motor retailer Group with 410 employees and an enviable franchise portfolio of brands, including BMW, BMWi, MINI, BMW Motorrad, Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Mazda, Ford, Volvo, Jaguar, Landrover and KIA. The Joe Duffy Group has a proud heritage of providing excellent customer care from the foundation of its first BMW dealership in 1972. With ambitious plans for further growth, we are now looking to recruit a dynamic and target driven individual, to join our management team.
An exciting and rare opportunity exists for a highly professional and experienced General Sales Manager with a proven track record in motor retail sales. Irelands only Porsche centre Dublin,is looking for an experienced motor trade professional to manage our Porsche New and Used Car Operations. In 2018 we will be relocating the Business to a new Flagship Facility in North Dublin.
The successful candidate will have gained consistent and impressive success in the sales arena, have relevant experience in the Management area. Although premium brand experience is desirable it is not essential as we may consider exceptional candidates.
Naturally we will expect the successful candidate to have very strong sales skills, we will also be interested in your attitude, work ethic, communication and interaction skills. These need to include an obsession with quality, a strong desire to exceed customers’ expectations and the innate desire to embrace and enhance the values of the Porsche Brand and develop a specialist new and used car operation retailing premium brand cars.
• Maintain standards of performance of the sales team through effective coaching, training and performance management.
• Recruit and select the sales team members in line with organisational and Porsche requirements.
• To manage the mix and specification of new products based on sales trends, local market intelligence and the allocation and production constraints.
• Manage the supply of new and used vehicles.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction levels through the understanding and adherence to customer satisfaction indicators within the Porsche Dealership.
• Implement and develop customer follow up systems and procedures to increase customer loyalty and to ensure superior customer service standards in line with the Porsche brand.
• Maximise commercial opportunities through developing and implementing effective and consistent events and campaigns.
• Monitors and evaluates customer needs and competitor activity in the local market, ensuring that campaigns are relevant and targeted.
• Liaise with other departments to maintain the accuracy of the customer database.
• Regularly communicates and interacts with members of other departments to develop the business and the dealership team ethos.
• Maintain a safe and healthy working environment, ensuring staff comply with Health and Safety requirements.
• Liaise with Group Marketing to drive programs and initiatives to promote the Porsche brand
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Managing People
Intellectually aware of and has a belief in the value of the human asset to current and future business success. Has the skills to draw the best performance from the people (s)he manages and / or interacts with, in a manner that builds relationships and team spirit.
• Consumer and Market Focus
Prioritises the need to have an understanding of the relevant consumer and local market influences. Possesses an energy and genuine regard for the importance of the customer to the sustainability of the business and the Brand and ensures procedures and attitudes are in place throughout their area of responsibility to deliver excellent levels of service.
• Business and Commercial Know-How
Effectively analyses and interprets all types of commercial data, in order to accurately diagnose and put in place appropriate solutions to ensure business success and growth. Has the ability to anticipate and act proactively as well as responsively.
• Personal Impact
Possesses the personal impact and stature of a professional business person. Has the essential skills to make an impact with a range of people and possess a level of self-awareness that enables them to adapt their style to suit different requirements.
• Brand Alignment
Knowledgeable of and aligned to the Porsche Brand, acting as trustworthy ambassador in the eyes of the customer, staff and peers. Runs their area of responsibility in a manner that honours the Brand values and supports Brand strategy in all that it does.
• Strategic Development and Planning
Has the ability to see the bigger picture and envisage the longer term implications of actions and ideas. Whilst (s)he must focus on maximising the potential of their area of responsibility today, (s)he must also have an eye for opportunity, plan for the future and be able to manage some strategic risks.
Managers competative OTE package available depending on experience and track record.
If you have a genuine enthusiasm for the exceptional Porsche products and believe you can help us to maintain and further build upon our success, please apply with a CV today.
We do not require the assistance of third parties or agencies - Thank you