Joe Duffy Group is Irelands leading Motor retail group and currently has 14 dealerships representing 15 brands. With a brand portfolio including, Audi, BMW, MINI, BMW Motorrad, BMWi, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Kia, Ford, Volkswagen, Porsche and dealerships in Dublin, Meath, and Limerick, we are Ireland’s fastest growing motor group.
With Employee numbers now at 410, the Group is projecting a turnover of €300 million for 2016. Now in its eighth consecutive years of growth in employee numbers, profitability, and turnover, we are now looking to recruit for a highly professional and experienced General Sales Manager with a proven track record in motor retail sales.
The successful candidate will have gained consistent and impressive success in the sales arena, have relevant experience in the Management area.
Although brand experience is desirable it is not essential as we may consider exceptional candidates.
Naturally we will expect the successful candidate to have very strong sales skills, we will also be interested in your attitude, work ethic, communication and interaction skills. These need to include an obsession with quality, a strong desire to exceed customers’ expectations and the innate desire to embrace and enhance the values of the Brand and develop a specialist new and used car operation retailing premium brand cars.
• Maintain standards of performance of the sales team through effective coaching, training and performance management.
• Recruit and select the sales team members in line with organisational and dealership requirements.
• To manage the mix and specification of new products based on sales trends, local market intelligence and the allocation and production constraints.
• Manage the supply of new and used vehicles.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction levels through the understanding and adherence to customer satisfaction indicators
• Implement and develop customer follow up systems and procedures to increase customer loyalty and to ensure superior customer service standards
• Maximise commercial opportunities through developing and implementing effective and consistent events and campaigns.
• Monitors and evaluates customer needs and competitor activity in the local market, ensuring that campaigns are relevant and targeted.
• Liaise with other departments to maintain the accuracy of the customer database.
• Regularly communicates and interacts with members of other departments to develop the business and the dealership team ethos.
• Maintain a safe and healthy working environment; ensuring staff comply with Health and Safety requirements.
• Liaise with Group Marketing to drive programs and initiatives to promote brand awareness
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Strategic Development and Planning
Has the ability to see the bigger picture and envisage the longer term implications of actions and ideas. Whilst (s)he must focus on maximising the potential of their area of responsibility today, (s)he must also have an eye for opportunity, plan for the future and be able to manage some strategic risks.
We do not require the assistance of third parties or agencies - Thank you
Please contact Maria Bourke Group HR manager for further information on this role