- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Accident Assist
- Services & Parts
- News & Events
- About Us
- Contact Us
Joe Duffy Motor Group Accident Assist
Helping reduce the stress and strain of an accident. An accident can be very traumatic for everyone involved. At Joe Duffy Motor Group, we aim to reduce the stress experienced in the aftermath of a car accident by providing a comprehensive range of services for our customers. The Joe Duffy Motor Group have developed a suite of invaluable services to offer you in the event of an accident:
With just one call, we will:
• Recover your vehicle, if it is legally undriveable - to one of our Manufacturer Approved Bodyshops -
• Ensure only manufacturer-trained technicians repair your vehicle to the highest standards
• Ensure only genuine parts are used in the repair
Plus, if the accident wasn’t your fault, we can arrange for
• A replacement vehicle at no cost to yourself (if you were the driver) for the duration of the repair
• A complimentary liaison service between your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CALL US
It is important that your first call following the accident is to us, we can then help you to minimise any inconvenience caused by the accident from the outset. Why not print off our What to do in the event of a car accident guide and leave it in your glovebox so that you have our number handy
Our essential guide to what to do in the event of a road traffic accident
With the Road Safety Authority highlighting the increased dangers on our road and urging motorists to drive with care – Joe Duffy Motor Group cares about the safety and wellbeing of its customers so we’ve come up with this helpful guide on what to do in the event of an accident.
Spending a few moments familiarising yourself with these helpful pointers could save you time and inconvenience in the event of an accident. Stop!
You should always stop at the scene if you think that your accident has caused:
• Injuries to people or domesticated animals
• Damage to vehicles or roadside fixtures
Do you need the emergency services?
Call 999 or 112 (if calling from a mobile) immediately if:
• Anyone involved is in need of medical attention (ask for an ambulance)
• The road is blocked or damaged (ask for the police)
• Someone leaves the scene without exchanging details (ask for the police)
Are there any witnesses?
• Try and get the names, addresses and vehicle registrations of any witnesses
Exchange details with other drivers
• All drivers involved in the accident must exchange details
• Try to obtain the name, address, telephone numbers (the more the better), vehicle registration, insurance company and policy number of the other drivers involved
• You should also provide this information about yourself and ensure the details exchanged are accurate
You could offer a form of identification as a gesture of goodwill. Try to see identification from the other parties to ensure the details exchanged are accurate (i.e. driving licence)
A sketch now will save time later
• Make a quick sketch at the scene of the accident and remember to include as many details as you can.
• Make notes of street names, vehicle locations and directions of travel, skid marks, collision points etc (the more details the better)
• When taking photos at the accident scene, take care near the road
• Include things like weather conditions, street lighting, vehicle illumination etc
• If you feel there are other details worth recording make a note at the scene. For example, if one of the drivers was using a mobile, eating or drinking.
• For more help, advice and information please call Joe Duffy Motors First – our Accident Assist Hotline is 01 864 7777